You may have heard the phrase "Teamwork makes the dream work" before.
This quote is absolutely true. The best way to ensure the success of your business is to make sure that your team is functioning together efficiently.
The best way to do this is to create a Code of Honor.
A Code of Honor is a set of rules that everyone in your business has agreed upon in order to shape employee conduct in an organized fashion.
Some sample rules are as follows:
"Never abandon a teammate in need."
"Celebrate all wins."
"Be on time."
Note: For many more sample rules please refer to Blair Singer's book The ABC's of Building a Business Team That Wins.
There are several steps in creating a Code of Honor:
1. Find a sane moment in which to create the code.
2. Find recurring issues that repeatedly interfere with the performance of the team.
3. Everyone participates!
4. Talk about various instances of behavior, and how everyone felt about them, both positively and negatively.
5. As soon as you are able to decide on a rule, write it down!
6. Be specific.
7. Don't try to legislate moods.
8. Make sure that the rules are somewhat of a "stretch."
For the remaining two steps as well as an in depth explanation of each step please refer to Singer's book The ABC's of Building a Team That Wins.
For help with drafting, establishing and implementing a Code of Honor please contact your local SalesPartner.
All SalesPartners are thoroughly trained in developing a Code of Honor custom fit for your company.